Search

Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, Nový Bor

This is a Late Baroque building with a 60m tall tower. In the church there is an archaic bell which has been used continuously for more than 400 years.

The Náměstí Míru square is adorned by the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, which in the years 1786-1788 was rebuilt into its current form by architect J. V. Kosch. It is a Late Baroque building with a 60 m tall tower. In the church there is an archaic bell from 1607 which still works. Count Kinský bought the church an organ which was transported from the Prague Church of St. Charles Borromeo. Noteworthy is also a sculpture of the Virgin Mary, which an innkeeper and manorial burgrave, Václav Grossmann, commissioned from sculptor František Werner as a promise to the Mother of God for saving his own property during the Silesian War (1740 - 1742). The Immaculata statue was consecrated on August 5, 1745 by a clergyman from Sloup, Mr. Jiří Wollstein. At first the sculpture stood on a stone pedestal made of sandstone blocks, bareheaded, standing on a crescent moon and the globe. It is the oldest protected monument in the town and throughout its existence has changed its position several times, from its original location close to the door to its current place behind the altar wall of the temple. You can also find here a painting of Christ which is a copy of the original from the Church of St. Peter in Rome, done by Václav Mánes. Crystal chandeliers and colourful stained glass are signature works of local glassmakers and artists. 


Novy Bor

nám. Míru, Nový Bor, 473 01

Sacrial Monuments
Church

Informace o trase

 
load