Search

Chapel of St. Anthony, Radvanec

The chapel dates from 1801, when a successful businessman in the Netherlands, Antonín Mucke, decided to fund and build a chapel on a sandstone hillock over the mill and dedicate it to St. Anthony of Padua.

He also established a foundation to support it. The construction of this rough clerical building, visible from miles around, was finished after the end of the Napoleonic Wars in 1818. Archdeacon Ilynek (Ignaz) Jaksch from Horní Police was entrusted with its consecration. Later on there were efforts to enlarge the chapel, but apart from several expensive repairs in the 19th and 20th century, no further construction intervention took place.


Radvanec

Radvanec, 473 01

Sacrial Monuments
Chappel

Informace o trase

 
load