Search

The original Slavic settlement is located in the vicinity of the Kokořín mine (Kokořínský důl), about 16 kilometres north-east of the town of Mělník.

In the 7th and 10th centuries there used to be a Slavic settlement in the Lobeč valley. The fortress was situated west of the present castle. Originally there were three ponds at the bottom of the hollow where Lobeč is situated. Three fishermen took care of each pond: Tchan, Domagost and Vavrata. However, the whole property belonged to the Vyšehrad Canonry. In 1294, the Vyšehrad Canonry traded Lobeč for three other villages with King Václav II. A castle was built in the village, later rebuilt in Baroque style. The building began to be used after 1948.

In the village, there is also the Church of the Holy Cross (kostel Povýšení sv. Kříže), built in 1352, and the tomb of E. Štorch who found inspiration for his later work right here. The village of Lobeč is interesting for its timbered buildings which are located on the slopes above the valley. The plastered buildings were called "V kožichu" ("in a fur coat"). 

Lobec

Lobeč, 277 36

Informace o trase

 
load