Search

Dětenice

The village of Dětenice, named after the lost children who were later rescued by Prince Oldřich in the forest according to legend, is situated about 14 km south-west of Jičín, beneath \"Markvartická plošina\" (Markvartice Plateau) at an altitude of 224 metres above sea level.

The village consists of the districts of Brodek, Dětenice and Osenice. The first written mention of the village dates back to 1052. According to legend, Dětenice village was founded during the reign of  Přemyslid Prince Oldřich in the first half of the 11th century. The Prince allegedly found the lost and abandoned children while hunting with his companions in the deep forest. The Prince rescued them and had a village built for them; the village was then later named Dětenice.

In the 14th century, there was a Gothic fortress here, which was renovated in Renaissance style in the 16th century. Between 1762 and 1765, Z. Fiegert had it converted into the form of a Late Baroque castle. Regarding the historical monuments in Dětenice, there is also the neo-Gothic chapel of Jan Nepomucký (John of Nepomuk) built in 1881. The procedural altar of M.B. Braun (built in 1715) is located in the settlement of Osenice near the school. 

mailDetenice

Dětenice 141, Dětenice, 507 24

Phone:+420 493 596 007
+420 493 596 360
GSM:+420 725 081 036
E-mail:detenice@iol.cz
Web:www.obecdetenice.cz

Informace o trase

 
load