Search

Zlatá Olešnice

Zlatá Olešnice is located south-east of Tanvald, west of Jablonec nad Jizerou. It extends on the border of Jizerské hory and Krkonoše, along the Zlatník brook, in which gold used to be washed in the past.

The first written records of Zlatá Olešnice date back to 1033 when a small Christian church was built there. According to a legend, it was founded by St. Cyril and St. Methodius who wandered along a path leading from Semily through Bozkov up to the border. Later the Roman Catholic Church of St. Martin, the village's dominant feature, was built on the site. Zlatá Olešnice belonged to the Navarov estate and its history is closely connected with nearby Navarov Castle.

The location of the village is ideal for summer hiking trips as well as for winter cross-country tours. There are good conditions for downhill skiing in the surrounding area. There is a ski lift in the village, Šachty downhill slopes are located around 5km away from the village and downhill slopes in Harrachov are around 15km away.

mailZlata Olesnice (Jablonec n. N.)

Zlatá Olešnice, 468 47

Phone:+420 483 769 190
E-mail:ou@zlata-olesnice.cz
Web:zlata-olesnice.cz

Informace o trase

 
load