Search

Church of St. Catherine, Sloup v Čechách

St. Catherine`s Church is situated opposite the chateau. It was first mentioned in 1327.

A vast reconstruction took place in 1717 - 1719 giving the church its present appearance. A tower was added in 1815. The Baroque-style three-nave building with a prism-shaped tower on the north side is extended with two square-shaped chapels. The gable of the western facade features a statue of St. Catherine in a niche and a coat of arms of the Kinský family with the Golden Fleece above the portal. The main altar dates back to 1891 and is decorated with statues of St. Ludmila and St. Catherine by Antonín Max. One can find the tomb of Josef Maxmilián Kinský commemorating his contribution to the development of the dominion on the left of the altar.

Sloup v Cechach

Sloup v Čechách, 471 52

Sacrial Monuments
Church

Informace o trase

 
load