Search

Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola, Jičín

The Church of St. Ignatius was originally the town\\\\\\\\\\\'s Gothic-style parish church consecrated to St. James, which was transferred to the Jesuits in 1622 and then consecrated to St. Ignatius.

It was built in the first half of the 14th century by Petr of Vartenberk, the then builder of the castle of Kost. While the church was used by the Jesuits, the northern and western sacristies were added, and it received a barrel vault with lunettes and early Baroque stucco decorations. The most valuable decorations include the paintings of St. Ignatius of Loyola and the Virgin Mary Rušánská, which the Jesuits received from Russia in 1637. Damaged by two fires, the church received Renaissance reconstructions.

mailJicin

náměstí Svobody, Jičín, 506 01

GSM:+420 737 049 058
E-mail:prokotob@seznam.cz
Web:jicin.farnost.cz
Sacrial Monuments
Church

Informace o trase

 
load