Search

Church of the Holy Spirit, Český Dub

The late Roman-style church was built together with the Commandry of the Order of Knights of St. John in the middle of the 13th century.

The church used to be surrounded by a cemetery and the hospital adjacent to the northern wall often welcomed St. Zdislava, who would come here for her treatment. In the 1480s the church was destroyed by a fire; the new building by Konrád Pflüger was completed in 1490. The casing painted with templates and discovered here and the engraving of a leper's head on the corner of the square tower date from this period. The main entrance is crowned with a metal coat of arms of the Rohans. The baldachin portal with the original door in the presbytery dates back to 1530; the altars were made in the late 18th century and the organ in 1892.

Cesky Dub

Kostelní ulice, Český Dub, 463 43

Sacrial Monuments
Church

Informace o trase

 
load