Search

In 1887, the branches of the German Mountain Association located in Jablonec, Janov and Horní Kamenice opened a lookout tower on one of the tops of Maxovský Hřeben.

The lookout tower made of iron, at that time the very first of this type in Bohemia, was purchased at the World Exhibition in Vienna. In the course of recent decades, the tower deteriorated and was closed. In 1999 it was bought by the municipality of Lučany and - with support by sponsors and volunteers - it was renovated and opened to the public. That year the tower was declared a national monument.

Locality: near Janov nad Nisou, to the north of Lučany nad Nisou.

Informace o trase

 
load