Nová Ves nad Nisou 429, 468 27
|QR kód kontaktů pro Váš mobilní telefon|
Standing not far from the centre of the village of Nová Ves nad Nisou is the little Evangelical Church of Gustavus Adolphus. It bears the name of the Swedish king who fought in the Thirty Years War against the Emperor and defended the protestant faith. The church was built by the local Evangelical parish, founded in 1906. The foundation stone was laid in 1934 and the church was opened and consecrated amid great festivities a year later. At the end of the Second World War the church was taken over by the Czechoslovak Hussite Church. The church was deconsecrated in the 1970s and almost destroyed by local communists – the pews were removed and installed in the local cinema. Later the building was used as an archive depository and was thus saved from almost certain ruin. Today the village is endeavouring to acquire the church and find a dignified use for it. Several valuable stained glass windows survive, as does the original bell, which perhaps will ring out again in the future.